Atlanta BeltLine Westside 5k/8k – Saturday, July 14th
For the past 2 years, the West End has shown up and shown out at this event with the LARGEST TEAM. Help us keep the streak alive by registering for the 2018 Atlanta BeltLine Westside 5k/8k.
This is a fun annual event and we encourage and welcome competitive athletes, casual runners and walkers to sign up and join the West End Mavericks team. Dogs and strollers are welcome, too.
Here’s what you need to know:
1. The event is Saturday, July 14 at 7:30am. This year the race will start and end at the Lee+White development (in front of Monday Night Brewing) and will utilize the trail for much of the 5k and 8k courses.
2. When you go to register be sure to select WEST END MAVERICKS as your team, so we get credit for your registration (again, our goal is to be the BIGGEST TEAM for the 3rd year in a row).
3. Type “WEND” when it asks for your community builder code and the BeltLine will donate $5 of your registration fees to our neighborhood organization.
4. You’ll notice that there is an 8k distance option in addition to the 5k this year. You can register for either distance and still be a member of the WEST END MAVERICKS team.
5. Have friends who want to run, but don’t live in West End? No problem! We are a welcoming, inclusive bunch and would love to have them join our team. (Plus, more people equals larger team!)
6. Plus, did we mention that all registered participants get a t-shirt and a FREE BEER at Monday Night Garage.
7. Last, but not least, if you’ve already registered for this race, but forgot to join the WEST END MAVERICKS team (we understand, mistakes happen), email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and the distance you registered for and we will get you added to our team roster.