The Church You Didn’t Know You Were Looking For
Christians, Humanists, Seekers, LGBT – Oh My!
Many of us grew up in Christian homes that required us to believe certain doctrines: The Holy Trinity of Father, Son, and Holy Ghost; the immaculate conception of Jesus Christ; women were the source of sin in the world; and the belief that homosexuality is against God’s will. Yet, for a lot of us, as we grew and became more discerning, some of these tenets were in conflict with our own understanding of the world.
A careful reading of the Bible reveals that Jesus never condemned homosexuality. He advocated love and understanding among people. He embraced and lifted up the downtrodden.
Abundant LUUv Unitarian Universalist Congregation supports its members as they embark on their own spiritual journey. Each individual has the right to determine what is meaningful and valuable to him or her. We are bound by Seven Principles that guide us in this quest:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
We, of the Unitarian Universalist faith, are a diverse group: we are comprised of Christians, Buddhists, Pagans, Agnostics, Atheists/Humanists, and more. We have done extensive work throughout our denomination to be welcoming and accepting of people of diverse sexual orientations. We have long worked for civil rights, women’s rights and the environment.
Abundant LUUV Unitarian Universalist church is the place where:
- You will not be required to adhere to any particular religious creed
- You are free to make your own decisions about what is spiritually important to you.
- You will be welcomed and loved in all your faults and glory.
- You are free to critically read religious texts. Your opinion is valued and your interpretation is honored.
- You and your children will learn compassion for others and work to heal our world.
There is no other church like Abundant LUUv in Atlanta. Join us for our worship services so we may meet you, greet you, and welcome you with open arms.